Jul 1, 2009

Setting things free.

Fuck everything, seriously.

A car ran into a kitten's head today, pushing it's eyeballs out of it's sockets and leaving it fluttering on the ground, pouncing involuntarily a foot above the ground, shaken and not knowing what to do. It finally settled in the middle of the road, not moving, possibly brain dead, but still breathing.

Breathing, but not alive. For I will not call that living. I refuse to.

The only thing that I thought to do, was relieve the cat of it's misery. To kill it. It's promised a better world after, too, isn't it? Or did the cat not believe in God either?

I can't be sure of that, but while all my friends prompted me and a very close friend of mine to just let it go, I insisted we finish the job. For the cat wasn't living, and taking it out of it's misery should be looked at as a noble deed. Or actually, I didn't care if it is or not.

So we ran it over, probably one of the hardest things to do, taking the life of a breathing organism. Or not. Just setting it free.

So, do I feel guilty? Possibly a little. But I'm angry at myself for feeling guilty. For I shouldn't. You can not kill what you did not create? Well, I can't witness suffering either. I did the right thing. Yet I hate myself for it at the moment. But above all that, I hate myself for hating myself for it.

Fuck the world. Life isn't fair anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGG This is sad =( and Ish don't be sad..

Roshni said...

Bleh....that sucks =/

Sal said...

OMG...u dint...sigh
yeh itz a sad world...
shdnt hate urself for it...sigh...