Jul 24, 2009

Danish's Guide to (this side of) the galaxy.

I'm shit tired as I type this, I still haven't done that whole "200 posts, woohoo!" thing, chronic procrastinator that I am, *sigh*.

But! I want to brag about the fact, that I have already gotten two people to take up podcasting!

So, the stats read: Got 8 people to take up blogging, and 2 to take up podcasting. Woot!

Anywho, credit to Rija who got me to podcast in the first place ^_^. I wish I could share this glory with her =( ... soon, hopefully.

I'm addicted to this Deep Purple song Sam introduced me to a while ago, called Hush. Trippy stuff, indeed.

Aah, I'm sipping on this huge glass of pepsi, while me mommy has tea on the stove for me. I lovez tea. It be wunnderful.

I got these two books, one's the infamous Douglas Adams classic, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. Dagda told me to pick it up, and even though his real name is Hammad, and was only Dagda ONCE on msn, I still prefer calling him that. Hmm.

The other one is this philosophical book with a pink cover, called Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder. If you haven't heard of it, wiki or google it already. And guess what, first I got looks for holding a pink book, right. Then the sales person, who actually read it himself, tells me how good it is, but also adds that, quote; "... Although, I have to say, I've seen mostly females pick that book up ..."

But see, here's the deal, which I also explained to the sales person. If you look at the numbers of people that come to the bookstore itself and buy books, gender wise, don't be surprised when you see more Females buying books than Males. How is it not just understandable and logical that more females buy ANY book then? And all of a sudden, the guy's eyes lit up with agreement. "Oh, yes, definitely, yeah."

Yeah, jackass, all points turn pointless with my logic. I didn't even know if what I had just said was any true, but if the sales person himself agrees, then it must be, right? Sheer luck? No, I figured the sales person wouldn't probably know himself. I got him to buy it. Heh, sold the sales person something. Ain't I wunnnderful. And full of myself.

It's just sad though. Guys not liking books. Specially how people's answers to questions like "fav. books" on social networking websites are plain idiotic. Doesn't really make any difference to me, see. With my understanding of it, God only made stupid people, to make life all the easier for people that actually use their brains. Like me, for instance. So as long as there are stupid people, I have all the chances in the world to hit success.

Oh, and philosophy FTW. Finish.

3 comments:

Salwa said...

lol...i like the new look of ur blog!

Crashing Paper Planes said...

You read?
That's a first.
I like.

Sam said...

Needs more Brown =P