Sep 19, 2009

Celebrating life.

I remember Eid as a child.

It meant the end of fasting, new clothes, lots of presents, and staying up till late at night, redecorating the house.

I'd wait so impatiently for it. Stay up all night with my parents, actually wait for Eid prayer.

Pray, meet up with my friends, fall asleep later, and wake up in the middle of the day. Then go out and 'celebrate'.

Then it all got ruined one eid.
And then I remember the year after that. Being cynically depressed, as high as a kite, and staying out all night, because I didn't want to go home. And then getting home half an hour before Eid prayer, and ending up praying intoxicated.

And then there's today.. where I just only realized a day earlier that it's actually Eid tomorrow.

To everyone that is looking forward to Eid, though; Eid Mubarak. =] Hope you have a good one.

2 comments:

Roshni said...

Eid's not the same anymore =( ....Eid Mubs to you too btw.

TehBoogieMonsterMan said...

Hey, Eid is not the same anymore yes...dil sakht ho gaye hain, people are sicker, older, tireder, depressed-er, but try to let go of the past ok?
Stay happy and may all yoru Eids be happy for you.