Oct 22, 2009

What the sky should be.

I look at the sky, and I see more than just clouds, or a never-ending color (or pattern, depending on the time.)

I see worlds yet to be explored.

And dreams yet to be seen.

Or dreams seen, but yet to be experienced.

I see so much more that we could be focusing on, but pity that we don’t even glance at the sky anymore.

A pity, that we’re so consumed by little nothingness.

Instead of vast everything.

Everything we can’t even start to contemplate.

Everything that the human mind can’t even process.

Kind of like the feeling you’d get if you were told an eighth color exists, and were asked to imagine what it looks like.

What would an eighth color look like?

It’s a pity some people go one without ever asking that question, specially to themselves.

A pity that a child might, but a grown up won’t ever, because it’s outlandish.

It’s outlandish, because humans don’t really like thinking, do we?

It’s not all that odd though. See, a child’s mind is still open to possibilities.

But the more the human mind tends to grow, dare I say it, the more it’s doing the opposite.

For our generation, anyway. We’re enclosing ourselves into little nothingness.

When I look at the sky, I get a feeling of what I’m looking for.

Even though I don’t know what it is. It’s the thing I’ve been searching for, for years now. And probably will, for the years to come.

Maybe I’ll find it one day.

But if I don’t, at least I’ll be happy knowing that I tried.

Have you?

No comments: