Oct 17, 2009

... and I have heaven on my right.

All I'm going to do in this post is like, single sentences. Thought after thought after thought. Free Form.

I remember my guitar when it was new.

I remember when I got high speed internet.

I remember when I got my own room.

I remember when I got introduced to a new life.

Each time.

And always will, no matter how many times I do.

And right now I just feel like telling the world how awesome and amazing Rija is. And has been. And always will be.

And she should know that she's not just stuck on awesome. I used amazing, too.

Arriving, Somewhere. But not here.

Everything is so much more beautiful up here.

High as a mo'fuckin helicopta'. That's my favorite line today.

Thought is a very powerful word.

The human mind is perfect. But not every human is perfect enough to use it.

Open your mind, but only enough so that it doesn't fall out. Let's all remember that.

But why - closed minds are so much more easier to carry around.

Like the iPhone. Why advance when we can acknowledge downgrading as a status symbol?

Everything is so much more beautiful up here.

Music. Ginger Ale. Tobacco.

It feels good being plus one. Still The One.

And new. Die Zeitgeist. The spirit of the new age.

Machine Gun Funk by Notorious B.I.G. One of the best beats I've heard in a rap song.

Also see; High Till I Die by Tupac, Street Dreams and Hero by Nas.

I remember wanting things.

I remember getting everything I've ever wanted.

I don't remember how it felt just wanting them and not getting them. Maybe that's why this is so hard.

All the apathy - from the pills in me. It's all in me, all in you.

I remember trying to push out of the crowd.

I remember succeeding and never wanting to go back.

I don't remember how it was down there anymore. Maybe that's why this is so hard.

I remember paying close attention to human standards and moral values.

I remember begging to differ.

I don't remember the last time I didn't. Maybe that's why this is so hard.

I remember having a heart.

I remember trying to keep it safe.

I don't remember how it was when it wasn't being passed around like a joint. Maybe that's why this is so hard.

And now it's all about studying, and theorizing, and contemplating.

And I remember when I could rest my head and my mind.

I don't remember how having a mind felt - I've lost it. Maybe that's why this is so hard.

2 comments:

Rija Yousuf said...

Everything is going to be okay.

Roshni said...

Hmm..the thing about finidng it hard because you've always got what you wanted..... bang on..=/ ..-sigh-
ps. I like the new background and the header. Nice one.