Oct 30, 2009

October 30th, 2009.

Today has been a really eventful day. I’m just going to make, like a list.

~ Woke up with a nightmare, details in post below, felt like I was going to have the crappiest day ever, but actually ended up waking early for a change and getting to class on time.

~ Got to class to realize I had done the homework wrong, so I ran to the computer lab, actually re-did the homework (wrote an entire paragraph for my short story in 5 minutes,) made five copies, ran back to class and shared with my writing group.

~ Met up Tyler and Mike, two really kickass people, and we decided we were going to get baked.

~ After class, Tyler goes home, I get Cake with Mike and Billy. Cake is awesome, by the way.

~ Tyler comes back, we go to Mike’s place, and get baked like a cake. Seriously, buzzed out of our skulls. Actually got to see what Purple Haze is about. And yes, it deserves to be talked with great regard. Purple Haze is THE best.

~ Shot an hour worth of short film (which I now realize didn’t actually get saved =[) but got lots of ideas for short films, and found out Mike’s good friend Pat is a film major and has a lot of good movie making equipment. So let’s see where that goes. Also had really deep conversations.

~ Decided to head back to CCP, and Tyler dropped me off for the Anime meeting.

~ As I was going to take the elevator up, I run into Dan and Luiggi, two really cool people. We decide to grab a pizza, and Luiggi tells me all about his recent heartbreak. So does Dan, and I can’t help but see how similar my story is. And the nightmare comes back into perspective.

~ Then we head back to the meeting, and meet up with BIlly ,where intense LAN Left 4 Dead party takes place.

~ End up watching some very disturbing Anime.

~ Decide to go home, but run into this really cool dude named Hannibal first. Yes, that’s his real middle name. He doesn’t like being called his first name. He is shit tall, has an afro, can actually eat up a horse, and scares me sometimes.

~ Find out 2 people actually broke up right in front of me, at the Anime club meeting. One couple actually engaged.

I dropped a quarter, 25 cents, under the vending machine, and he ducked down to find it. He actually ended up finding a nickel and two dimes, which total up to 25 cents, but not the actual quarter itself. Funny.

So, Hannibal almost got into a fight with the Dude, from the couple that was(?) engaged. And a knife actually came out, along with words like, “Oh, I’ll cut you up motherfucker, you think you know me?” and “What the fuck you staring it? You wanna go, HUH?”

So I stayed behind after the meeting, partially to see if a fight actually does erupt, and if it does, to jump in and try stopping it. Probably wouldn’t have worked, but it’s the thought that counts right? Yeah.

So I end up realizing, wow, life is just sad for everyone.

Oh, and tomorrow it’s officially Halloween, so have a party to attend. Don’t really know which one, let’s see.

Aah, that’s about it. I’ve realized how wonderful life is.

Last semester in college, I practically knew no one.

Now there’s probably no one I don’t know. Almost, anyway.

I know a shitload of people, that’s basically what I’m trying to say.

And I love it, I’m the people’s person. Also, I made it happen, so yay in my head.

Here’s to being awesome. =] Kanpaii!

3 comments:

linda s. said...

it is great to be a people person, to be sociable. so much of our happiness comes from being integrated into society. but i do wonder if we can exhaust ourselves socially. i wonder if the more people we know, the more we are just spreading ourselves thin.

Roshni said...

disturbing anime? ..what exactly have you been watching?

Anonymous said...

WTH is a KANPAIII?