Apr 27, 2009

The Wonderful Act of Song Writing.

I completely hate myself right now, for having a pussycat dolls song stuck in my head. I mean sure, if I had a pussycat doll stuck in my head, that wouldn't be all that bad, because I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but - I love women, no doubt about it. But I just don't like it when they try their brains at thinking.

So I'm a sexist. Sue me.

"I can't, take it any longer,
thought that we were stronger,
all we do is linger."


But heck, that's just up to per with Nickelback lyrics. Chad Kroeger definitely puts his last brain cell to work with those songs. (If I dare call them that, in fear of disrespecting people that actually make good music.)

"Like a gift from the heavens, it was easy to tell,
It was love from above, that could save me from hell,
She had fire in her soul it was easy to see,
how the devil himself could be pulled out of me,
There were drums in the air as she started to dance,
Every soul in the room keeping time with there hands,"


I sure hope that is the result of an attempt at song writing under the influence of a 'drug'.
Oh, but there is more.

"I wanna be great like Elvis without the tassels
Hire eight body guards that love to beat up assholes
Sign a couple autographs
So I can eat my meals for free
I'll have the quesadilla, uh huh"


There's oh, so more.
In "If Everyone Cared", Chad tells us;

"If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
Then we'd see the day, when nobody died."


Ladies and Gentlemen, Chad Kroeger, with his modern adaptation of 'Imagine', but through the vocabulary of a four year old.

There there is 'Rhythm Is A Dancer' by "Snap". That's right, that's their name. Snap.

"I'm as serious as cancer,
When I say Rhythm is a Dancer."


And Razorlight's 'Somewhere Else';

"And I met a girl,
she asked me my name,
I told her what it was."


I think it's highly unlikely that ever happened. Oh, no, there most definitely is a song like that. I just think he's making up meeting a girl who asked his name.

And last but not the least, here's something from Oasis. They call it, 'Champagne Supernova';

"Slowly walking down the hall,
Faster than a cannonball,
Where were you when we were getting high?"


I really don't know where I was, but something tells me it was one hell of a party.

I leave you with a video of Nickleback being boo-ed off stage, at their own concert. Make sure you catch him flipping the crowd off at the end too. Priceless stuff.

2 comments:

Sam said...

A post abuot no lyrical talent, or any talent otherwise. and i dont see Jonas Brothers mentioned? =\

Then again, why waste a blogpost on something so worthless.

Sam said...

Idea for next blogpost:

People ruining my childhood covering awesome songs and just fucking them up beyond repair. >=(