Jun 19, 2009

The road not travelled by anymore

The one thing I found that could make me happy, and that was ruined too, not too long ago.
The one thing I thought was worth living for, and spending an eternity fighting for, and throwing myself away for. And you ruined it. Forever, presumably.

And now I have nothing left. It's ironic - I've never been sad and happy about something at the same time before. Thanks a lot, though, my eyes are open now. And I'm not going back.

let go of expectations, Close all the doors,
nothing will pass through here anymore
can't expect anyone to come along
nothing left here for anyone to come looking for


Perfect Circle - 3 Libras.

threw you the obvious
and you flew with it on your back,
a name in your recollection,
thrown down among a million same.

difficult not to feel a little bit, disappointed
and passed over
when i've looked right through
to see you naked and oblivious

and you don't
see
me

but I threw you the obvious
just to see if there's more behind the eyes
of a fallen angel,
the eyes of a tragedy.

here I am expecting just a little bit
too much from
the wounded.

but I see through it all
and see you.

so I threw you the obvious
to see what occurs
behind the eyes of a fallen angel,
eyes of a tragedy.

Oh, well. Apparently nothing.

you don't see me.
you don't see me at all.

1 comment:

ms.parker said...

story of my life