Jun 13, 2009

Urban Definitions, anyone?

As I suffer from nicotine withdrawal syndrome (Anger, headache-ness, frustration at everything, unable to properly function), I feel like deviating my focus from that particular pain in the neck, to something ... well, else.

Bear in mind, my brain is NOT working properly at the moment. As I wait for some food, and ponder the whereabouts of my fucked up topyfying bastard friends, I surf urban definitions, and here I present them to you. Because of the sheer genius with which they were thought up. Am I making any sense, by the way? Because I can't tell.

chai anxiety
Feeling overwhelmed by the ridiculous number of options at the coffee shop.
Venti? Double soy-based foam? A shot of what? Yeesh I have chai anxiety -- I need some caffeine!

Caps Lock Voice
When a normally calm person has to raise their voice and use an authortative tone. It is the equivalent to using the caps lock key in the digital world.
Sara tried to get an attitude with me yesterday and I had to turn on my caps lock voice and put her in check.
Chris was being run over at work, so Jason told him it was time to turn on his caps lock voice.


Neighbornet
What you get when you connect to your neighbor's wireless (or wired, for that matter) internet, with or without his or her knowledge.
Didja hear? Johnny connected his wireless ethernet card to his neighbor's wireless network, and now he's got neighbornet!

missing link
A man who is covered head to toe with thick and wiry hair. He's so hairy, he's the missing link that connects humans to apes.

Life Password
The password that you use for every website, email account, facebook, twitter, everything. Having a 'life password' is not a good idea, but everyone does it.

Facebookemon
The term used for the collection of people, on your Facebook friends list, that you don’t actually talk to or know in real life. Related to popular tv program and game pokeamon, where the aim is to collect as many diffrent Pocket Monsters as possible.
Dave - "Hey, my friends collection is getting up to two hundred"

Steve - "How many do you really know? go admit it, most of them are Facebookemon"

John - "Gotta catch em all, gotta catch em all"


Social Notworking
The practice of spending time unproductively on social-networking websites, especially when one should be working.
Joe - Hey, Mark is constantly updating his Facebook status, does he not have any work to do?

John - His company obviously doesnt realise how much Social Notworking he is doing!

2 comments:

Wijdan said...

I know where you got that font ;)

ms.parker said...

social notworking.. lol