May 4, 2009

Faith.

When I was a curious young lad, of around 4 or 5 years, I remember of a time when my ticking brain grew curious about God.

After hearing God's argument and his side of the story, growing up in a Muslim household, I had more questions than answers.

So I asked the person that apparently knew everything there was to know. My faithful and ever so wise - Mum.

If God truly does exist, why can't we see him? Million dollar question, coming from a child, my mother definitely needed to think a while, for a a valid response that would shun such questions in the future in my head, before they ever reached my tongue.

So after "We can't see everything, and everything that exists can't be seen," she gave up and decided to answer with a different approach, and to the best of her capabilities, she did.

She told me God was light. And what was light to a child? To me, apparently, Electricity was. In my mind, I had found God - he was in all the light bulbs and he was what enabled us to see in the dark, even though the meaning in my head at that time was purely literal.

But we must find out for ourselves, and no question is truly answered if we don't have an answer of our own. And therefore, I decided to 'test God.' To really see for myself, I decided to threaten the entity. Electricity, light - Light bulbs.

I argued, I told her I don't believe her, and to truly believe, I must find out for myself.

So I went ahead and touched a scorching light bulb.

And just how everything must have a beginning, there was my beginning to Faith.

The burning sensation on my hand, surely I had witnessed God's spite. I had found out, I had witnessed, my very first question pointed at faith had been answered.

"Now I must ask more," I must've said in my head.

Is it not proof, that all things begin at the bottom? For now the questions I ask are different and elaborate. They've evolved.

"Is it proof that God doesn't exist, or is it proof that the Devil does?"

Cheers to everyone that, like me, is still willing and trying to find out.

For no question is truly answered if we don't have an answer of our own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danish, have you seen an atom? Have you seen an electron? Have you seen proton?. Am sure you have not...but still you believe that there is something called atom, electron, proton exits.?. if yes., Then why are you believing on things which you have not seen, not touched, not heard. why why why. .the reason is. Faith, belief, trust right? If you can believe on these tiny things without seeing then why not on our Almighty Allah, our creator who created even these tiny electrons and the belief that one day we will see him...SF