Nov 21, 2008

Not getting what we want, are we?

People are always complaining. And the following question always, comes up:

"Why can't we just get what we want?"

But I have a different approach to the answer. I think we DO get what we want. All the time. See, I like to think of LIFE, mine, as my own creation. I'm not talking about the creating or being created part, I'm talking about the part that comes after actually been created.

The part we all are living at the moment.

See, the concept of You Reap What You Sow has been worn out, and people don't even listen or think about that anymore. It's like the stars. You know they're there, but who gives a crap anymore?

Let me explain to you my theory. See, whatever our life is, it's ALL because of us. All of it. And even if some things were/are uncontrollable, they're for our own greater good, even if we can't see it. But in a way or two, everything IS actually being controlled by us. And if you don't think that way, you need to see a shrink about self-esteem issues.

Let me tell you a story. In high school, I used to flunk tests all the time, and I used to get bad grades for that. Why did I get bad grades? Because I didn't study for those tests. And so in a way, I was getting everything I actually wanted for myself, because I just wasn't thinking about the process that comes in between "Wanting" and "Getting". Did I want bad grades? I would think not. But what was I doing about NOT wanting bad grades?

Why do all popular religions insist that we're all equal? We are, really. All of us. And we all have to go through the same test, even it's a little different in nature and comes at a different period, but think of it as a video game with only one difficulty setting. We're all going to go through the same levels, but at our own pace, right?

And if you think you're not in control, and everything is going as fate planned it, then why do you call it YOUR life? Stop owning it completely, then. Abandon it. Call it someone else's.

If you are calling it your life, then learn the rules of owning things. Starting right now, preferably.

I believe people get what they want BUT in their unconscious state of mind.

~~

Life is complicated though ... all around me people are wondering why things aren't going 'their' way ... and what they need to do, to be 'happy'.

And being who I am, I just love helping people, and going through my handbook of theories over and over again, but as soon as the sun comes out again, surely the brain goes back to questioning ... And I'm not saying questioning is wrong, but at least keep an open mind to noticing the answers, people?

See, the problem is, whenever I actually help someone, something they always say, gets to me. Be it about Relationships, or anything else. I'm left questioning myself, after practically answering their paper for them.

And it's kind of sad, really, when you're left alone at the end of the day with only a blog to talk to.

M'hm.. Is this what I want?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

makes a lot of sense..and i guess people are afraid of doing stuff..know what i mean? and thats why they end up not getting what they want. Even when they know what has to be done.

=)