Jul 5, 2008

Lifestyle of Depression


I've just noticed. I get so depressed after opening my Windows Live Messenger window, to find over 20 contacts, with more than half of them having depressing personal messages.

It's human nature, maybe. Or at least it is mine, to get depressed when I'm surrounded by people in angst, or even if it's just one person with a problem. So what is the solution to that? Do I stop caring about the rest of the world and continue on with my life, being happy even if I see someone I rarely even talk to, being depressed with life?

That's more than just difficult, it sounds a lot easier to do, than it is to actually carry out. Am I even making sense to anyone right now, or is it just me that feels this way?

Maybe, we should all stop being depressed, look for the better things in life, and just create personal messages about happiness, keeping all our angst to ourselves. Think of it as an aura you give out, a beacon you send out to the universe. If you're sending out messages of hate or depression, what can you expect to get back from the universe?

If you're depressing the daylights out of everyone around you, how can you expect to be happy yourself?

We reap what we sow, and if the only tool you have is a hammer, everything turns into a nail. It's a lot better to look good, than to feel good. Even if you're just pretending to be happy for a while, you'll soon realize that you're not pretending anymore.

I'm not talking about bottling up your feelings, because that has dire effects, really, I know that by experience. But what we should do is, not let our depression and anger take the best of us on the long run. So you're angry or depressed, go ahead and break something or cry your heart out, but let it stop at that. Don't let your sadness take over the rest of your day, on the long run.

We only have such a little time to live, and no one is ever promised tomorrow ... what's the use of not having fun, in the now and here? Do you really want to waste every precious little moment you have, mourning over things?

I, personally, think life is too short to even blend it, let alone be cornered by depression and angst. Depression can soon turn into a lifestyle if you're not careful. I'm talking all by experience, believe me.

But in the end, of course, always know that your life is always in your own hands. Man writes his own fate. Our ends, justify our means.

Oh, and no need to take any of this seriously :) Life is too short to be taken seriously, too... lol. Just stop frowning if you missed your bus or burnt your toast early in the morning, you still have 3 more meals to think about and many more rides to catch ...

Hope everyone has a nice day!


1 comment:

Rida. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.