Jul 21, 2008

Craziness is underrated.

I tried cutting my own hair today, and learnt a valuable lesson.

Teenage rebellion and scissors should never be put together.

Although it doesn't look that bad, really. Ok, maybe it does scream out "this person tried cutting his own hair" or "this guy knows a blind barber" but still.

Which makes me think, does a barber cut his own hair or does he get someone else to do it? I've noticed if you tell a barber you got your previous haircut from some other barber, first he's going to thrash your hair cut and then ask why you didn't come to him earlier. Then how can their hair-cutting egos stand someone else touching their toupe'? Once I actually saw a barber cutting his own hair through a mirror ... see what I'm talking about?

I got the idea from this weeds episode where Silas cuts his own hair. And even though it's obvious he had a million dollar hair dresser cut it for him before the director said "action!", I thought if he could do it, so can I!

I'm not even going to elaborate on how wrong I was to make that assumption. Very wrong, should cut it. (no puns intended)

But there's a lesson to be learnt here.

Even though all males have the false idea that they can drive like Michael Schumacher and navigate like a GPS system, you have to realize, you can NOT cut your own hair.

Unless you were looking for the kind of hair I was looking for and suceeded! Craziness is underrated.

No comments: