Apr 16, 2013

I always kill the things I love.

It's amazing how listening to music that you used to listen to back in the day is able to remind you of the times you first heard it. The things you were feeling, and all that.

Like the L.A. Noire official soundtrack.

The game was based in 1947, and the music was all 50s' jazz. When wearing fedoras was cool, and not exclusive to hipsters.

I've grown a fascination for the 50s', I've realized. Or have had one for a while, I don't know. The jazz, the fashion sense, the cars. Things like L.A. Noire (actually inspired by L.A. Confidential,) and other Martin Scorsese movies.

Reminds me of happy days. Being back home for the summer, being madly in love, and generally content with life...

At the same time, and coincidentally enough, also a part of the soundtrack is this jazz song called "I always kill the things I love."


"I love the chase, 'til the minute I win it
A beautiful face 'til there's love for me in it
Give me your heart and baby I'll bill it
'cause I always kill the things I love"




"The look in your eyes will turn to surprise
As you feel the pain and you realize
The one hurting you is somebody who
Once said 'I love you'"

No comments: