Apr 2, 2013

"Girlfriends."


Holy shit. The song "Cupid's Chokehold" is all about this guy's low self esteem and how he's always "falling in love," to compensate for his lack of self esteem. Jesus Christ, drugs are a hell of a drug.

"I know I'm young, but if I had to choose her or the sun, I'd be one nocturnal son of a gun."

"Take a look at my girlfriend,
She's the only one I got.
Not much of a girlfriend.
I never seem to get a lot. "

The only one I have.

Loneliness? So you cling on to the next person that comes along giving you that little bit of attention that's just sufficient.

Not much of a girlfriend. She's pretty fucking horrible to him. But she's there.

The song is this guy talking to his parents. A phone call, maybe even a letter?

"It's been some time since we last spoke,
This is gonna sound like a bad joke
But momma I fell in love again
It's safe to say I have a new girlfriend."

Oh, parents. Accept your son for who he is, and he knows you'll love him unconditionally. So he's about to make another mistake, all over again.

"I mean she even cooks me pancakes
And Alka Seltzer when my tummy aches
If that ain't love then I don't know what love is"








"It's been a while since we talked last
And I'm tryin' hard not to talk fast
But dad I'm finally thinkin' I may have found the one
Type of girl that'll make you way proud of your son"

Not to mention how he's always trying to impress his dad and prove himself to him. 

"Call it dumb, call it luck, call it love or whatever you call it
But everywhere I go I keep her picture in my wallet, like."

Ha. Love that line so much, I even did it.


No comments: