Jan 4, 2010

This is why I don't ever get sleep.

Most of the time, when I say something and people decide to argue or raise a question - the sole reason I never reply or answer back is because, the answer is so ridiculously easy to figure out, and the whole argument therefore is so idiotic, that I don't feel like wasting any time even contemplating and then writing down an answer. So I just stop thinking about it in the next second or two. Literally.

But, as I toss and turn in bed, I suddenly started thinking about Luck again, and a few questions ArfawLuv decided to raise. And so, I'm going to answer them. Yawn.

Arfa Said:
If you're not lucky, explain how you got all that you do?

The luxuries of life, latest gadgets and whatnot, how would you say you have them?

Easy.

As pie.

The luxuries of life, latest gadgets and 'what not', how would I say I have them? See my dad, right, worked his ass off most of his life to make money. That money in return, buys me the luxuries of life, the latest gadgets, and what not. Everything else that you see? Me studying in Philadelphia? Yes, my dad funds it, but you can't just get into a college sitting on your ass, and a lot of money in your bank account. In fact, I didn't have any of that a year or two ago. See, to get into college, you actually have to pull off a few feats yourself. And even bigger feats than that, to get an american visa.

Now, you might argue - that it was my dad that worked the most for all the things I have today. But if you look closely enough, you'll realize, my dad wouldn't do all that for me if I wasn't doing what he wanted me to do either. It's a two way road, and I keep my parents happy so that my parents keep me happy.

As materialistic, and cold hearted as that might sound, trust me - it's not, it's just how human kind basically works.

I know a lot of rich ass parents that treat their kids like crap. But it's ok, because their kids treat them like crap too.

And how I will be treated by my kids (if I ever choose to have them - the chances are bleak though) depends on how I treat my parents.

My parents are happy. I'm happy. End of discussion.

Why must we insist on creating false, imaginary, intangible forces and completely ignore the ones that exist? Even if it's involuntary, I'm not forgiving, even if it's due to stupidity.

All stupidity maybe naive stupidity, but you're not off the hook for being naive.

Seriously.

Mankind, stop creating things just so life becomes convenient. Plz. Kthx. You have your iPhones. And weather forecast. You can order pizza from the couch. Is that not convenient enough? Do we really have to create things like Luck?

Oh, so if it happens your way, you did it on your own. But if it doesn't, then it just wasn't meant to be, right? You got unlucky, yeah, of course.

Everyone needs to see the movie Idiocracy. Or maybe just Wall-E if that's easier to understand. And convenient to get a hold of.

You see those fat humans connected to pods and what not? Yes, that is us. The near future. Except, there won't really be any robots or advancement in technology. No. That's the only part that won't come true.

Karma.

And a little of what I forgot to mention in my comment earlier: The law of attraction. As cliche' as that sounds, your world is how you create it in your head.

Life is like a balancing act. I have everything because I'm managing not to fall off.

Which brings me to another thing I was thinking of. The point of life, of course.

But I'm not going to put it up because of something my Dad said.

Something about people being stupid.

Oh, wait, did I? Yes, I just did. Why, Pardon me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you calling me stupid? Because I will butcher your ass if you are >.>

Anywho, I agree with the two-road part. But let me tell you something, your parents got it for you BECAUSE they chose to give you that. I've been wanting an iPod for ages now, was told I'd get it after Olevels, I got good grades they were happy with, I didn't get an iPod.

I earned it, I didn't get it.

Parents tend to reward their children when they see we are hardworking, when we make them happy. Poor children don't have the same opportunities that we do. They work hard in the ways they can, their parents are not able to provide them with the luxuries of life.
They deserve the luxuries for the amount of hard work they do.

We sitting on our asses in our air-conditioned ACs enjoy our gadgets, while they strive for the bare necessities, work hard AND don't get paid.

Karma? I think not.

And yes, I do agree with the law of attraction.

Daanish said...

See, now, all that randomness in the world. Why does it exist? It's not fair. Why doesn't God do anything?

Someone should take that up with God.

Oh, wait. Did I just? Yeah, I did. Pardon me again.