Aug 20, 2007

Bipolar Blogger

So now, I'm officially a "Self-Diagnosed Manic Depressive" ... A Bipolar ... Contracted with Bipolar Disorder II (Or just Bipolar II)

In this life, and this time, it's not a matter of precautions from diseases anymore. It's now a matter of picking a disease you like and telling everyone about it.

But tell me , do any of these remind you of me?

  • Inflated self-esteem or Grandiosity
  • Inflated self-importance; in some, delusions or hallucinations.
  • Feeling all-powerful, invincible, and destined for greatness.
  • Euphoric mood; Feeling “high”, excessively optimistic, better than ever before.
  • Extreme irritability Feeling irritable or angry; Behavior that is aggressive, provocative, or intrusive.
  • Decreased need for sleep; Feeling rested after just a few hours of sleep.
  • More talkative than usual; Extremely talkative and sociable; pressure to keep talking.
  • Racing thoughts Flight of ideas; can't keep up with your own ideas and thoughts.
  • Distractibility
  • Inability to concentrate, distracted, restless.
  • Increase in goal-directed activity or psychomotor agitation
  • Extremely energetic; increased productivity; a feeling of high intelligence and creativity.
  • Risky behavior
  • Excessive involvement in pleasurable or high risk activities, such as sex, drug or alcohol use, gambling, or spending sprees.
  • Impaired judgment
  • Reckless, impulsive, unpredictable; No perception that the mood and behaviors are abnormal.

If you ask me, I'd say all of them do ...

I'd say Bipolar has it's own set of advantages and disadvantages. For all I know, all my creativity is chanelled through it. I might owe everything I have at this point to it ... how did I get the disease? People that know me for very long, will agree when I tell them how my childhood played a part. I may sound all dramatic at this point, but that's all I can think of as the origins of this disease. Still confused? Two words; "Congenital Ptosis"

So what are the advantages? I do feel 'high' and 'euphoriac' ... hell, I was just telling my friends about that the other day ... does the term "Sugar Rush" mean anything to you? Yes, that's a manic episode ... and even more proof.

Am I good writer? Point number 2.

Do I have mood swings? Yes, I do. Point number 3.

Sugar rushes. Point number 4.

And to make it all complete, I like art ...

Oh, and I just called myself a good writer. That's Grandiosity right there. Point number 5.

And another advantage I can think of? I might be meeting Sidney Sheldon, or Kurt Cobain soon ... or just their height of hype ... hopefully.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol yeah most of the stuff does remind me of u :p
hey say hi to sidney and tell him he shud change his name! :p

Anonymous said...

It is interesting the language you use "contracted a disease"...

I don't feel I have a disease or unlucky genetics at all...I feel that it is this great force that you can ride like a wave and master or get sucked under into the tide...

Check out my blog:

fallingintopeaces.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!!! danish989.blogspot.com is one of the most outstanding informational websites of its kind. I take advantage of reading it every day. Keep it that way.