Jan 8, 2013

Light my fire.


Guitar solo to Light my Fire by the Doors.

I'm actually pretty proud of this.

Here's an anecdote for you to chew on. That guitar I'm holding is a replica Gibson Les Paul, (my favorite guitars ever!) When I was first out and about, looking for a guitar to buy 6 years ago, I had my eyes on that beauty. Off white, custard trim, and black body? I even nicknamed it "pudding." I really, really wanted it. But I reckoned it was too expensive to get as a first guitar, so I ended up getting a starter Squier Stratocaster, (which is still alive with lots of wear and tear.)

But then, about 1 year and 6 months ago, my little bruv Tabish decided he wanted to learn how to play guitar too. ( =D ) So I ended up suggesting the pudding to him, and finally got to play it!

Now that I've typed all that out, it doesn't seem as cool as it did in my head, but I love guitars. And I love that pudding. And the dope amplifier that we bought for Tabish on his birthday this year. Oh, the sounds it makes. Makes my heart do flips, I love it. I'm going to miss this guitar in a few months. But I'll always be coming back to the pudding. And one day, I'm going to own a bunch of genuine Les Pauls. =] In red, in powder blue, and in cream white (preferably with brown trim.)


1 comment:

Roshni said...

Hey, I thought it was a cool story xD