Mar 31, 2010

The 36th Chamber.

This is going to be a run of the mill blog, because this absolutely needs to be done.

Today needs to be written down, just because of how epic it was. I finally have something genuine to write about.

One major reason is, because I ran into the fucking RZA today. In the flesh.

If you don’t know who the RZA is, I have no words for you.

The RZA is an American Grammy winning music producer, author, rapper, and occasional actor, director, and screenwriter. A prominent figure in hip hop music, he is the de facto leader of the Wu-Tang Clan. He has produced almost all of Wu-Tang Clan's albums as well as many Wu-Tang solo and affiliate projects. He subsequently gained attention for his work scoring and acting in films.

The Wu-Tang Clan (pronounced /ˈwuːˌtæŋ/) are a New York City-based hip-hop group, which consists of: RZA, GZA, Method Man,Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck, U-God, Masta Killa, and the late Ol' Dirty Bastard. [www.wikipedia.com]

He also produced one of the best beats I’ve ever heard. Ever. C.r.e.a.m.

It was amazing too, I was already pretty high and was walking down the street, when a friend of a friend [wearing the ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ headphones,] who was walking towards us – told us that the RZA was actually standing at the street corner.

That’s when I started walking aimlessly down the street hoping to see the legend. And I did, too.

I don’t even know if what happened next can even be considered me meeting the guy, so you figure it out. My jaw fell to the floor, my mouth was shaped like an ‘O’ [literally,] and I didn’t know what to do. So, the RZA, who is on the phone and looks very tired, extends his hand and we all shake it.

And then we just walked away. I could not believe what had just happened. I had shook hands with the RZA.

And even though something so epic happened, we were mad at ourselves, me and my friends, by the fact that we didn’t ask the RZA to toke with us. Hopefully I’ll run into him again someday, and it’ll end up happening.

But nonetheless, I feel like I can die a happy man now. I have actually met the RZA, and have shaken his hand. I feel blessed.

Other than that, all I did all day was hang out with Mary Jane, and read Prometheus Rising by Robert A. Wilson while under the influence.

All at Rittenhouse Square – the place I am officially dubbing ‘heaven.’  I met the RZA in front of it, for one. And it’s where I hung out all day in the beautiful weather, with lots of very awesome people. A scene of the M. Night Shyamalan movie “The Happening” was also shot there. I’m going to take lots of pictures of the place soon. ^___^

So all in all, today was a pretty epic day.  I’m just going to end it at that. I still can’t believe most of it. Yeah.

2 comments:

Roshni said...

American Gangster wala?...haha dude... thats cool! =p ...Dont wash your hand!

Daanish said...

I know, right! I don't think I'll ever get over it.