May 13, 2008

Mine for the taking.

I don't mean to brag, but, I was thinking (out of the blue) about how I've gotten everything I have wanted, to this date. I mean everything. I can't think of a single time when I haven't been given what I've asked for. Or when I haven't achieved what I set out to achieve.

The feeling you get when you think of that is, satisfying. If I can get everything I've worked for till now, I can get everything I work for in the future. Optimism. (Luck sold separately)

I tried installing this Linux distribution a few days ago, called Ubuntu. And I did it using the easiest method (which the think tanks at the Ubuntu offices just thought up) called Wubi. A Windows Ubuntu Installer. Wubi. Touche'.

But alas, nothing is that easy. The first time around when I partitioned my hard disks to install Gutsy Gibbons (yes, that is what Ubuntu 7.04 is called... ubuntu, gutsy gibbons, I know right) the bootloader (called Grub ... surprised? really?) failed to recognize the hard disk it had to load Ubuntu from, all because of my two SATA hard disks that I connected a little time ago. Heh.

So I quickly formatted that partition, removed Ubuntu from the OS Choice Menu by fixing Window's MBR and then when Hardy Heron (which is Ubuntu 8.10) came out, it came packaged with Wubi. But that is flawed too. One faulty shutdown (by pressing in the power button) or faulty restart (with the restart button) and BAM. Your hard disks fail to mount. And that too, the one where Ubuntu is installed. So, no boot. Only this command line terminal (which is the built-in Debian shell) called Ash. Ash ... that one isn't that bad, actually ... weird.

So anyway. Now I await an answer from the Ubuntu Forums. And no one has any, really. Except the routine restart your computer and safely shut it down OR run Chkdsk /r on the cmd prompt. But that didn't work for me, now, did it. Heh.

Other than that, I've been keeping myself busy by finally coming to an end on my procrastination run, and finally filling out the forms to the Community College in Philly. Yay me.

Now, to complete this post, a random thought:

How much woodchuck the woodchuck chucks, is completely dependent on who the woodchuck is and what tree the wood is from ... How senseless is that question, then?

No comments: